Friday, March 27, 2009

Thoughts at one month...

Well, today Raylee is one month old! I can't believe I have been a mom for four entire weeks...yet, I also can't picture my life without her. She is such an angel (ok maybe not when she is crying at 4 am), and I can't even begin to describe my love for her. While awake last night from 2 -4 am, I did a lot of thinking about this first month...some of my random (not always comprehensible) musings that came to me at odd hours of the night...


-I desperately want her to know God and seek His guidance throughout her life.

-It scares me to death to think of something bad happening to her.

-I want to cherish every moment (even the crying) because you never get this stage or day back.

-Michael is the best daddy! I love to watch him stare at her.

-I am already praying for a future husband for Raylee. Marriage is such an important determiner of life, and I want what Michael and I have for her.

-Michael and I have the most amazing support system of family and friends. We are so fortunate to be surrounded by people that already love and care for Raylee.

-I get sad thinking that my family won't be able to see her weekly, but I love their extended visits!

-I think the nights get worse before they get better...:(

-Life is completely different for me than just a month ago.

-Nothing is more fulfilling than watching your three week old daughter roll over for the first time (she is such an overachiever, just like her mom!)


Here is a picture of Raylee at one month! She only has 2 pair of pants (because we were prepared for casts!) and it is cold today!



2 comments:

Lavender Lily said...

Get that girl a juicy suit! And while we're at it, more shoes!

Emily said...

It's been a month already? WOW! I loved reading your list - so sweet!