Monday, March 16, 2009

Job 9:10

I was reading in Job this morning as little Miss Raylee listened to her Praise Baby music, and I came upon this verse, "He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. " I want to remember everyday what a miracle God has performed in Raylee. She is doing so well, and I can't believe how the Lord has blessed us with this healthy baby. My own disbelief leads me to think that I need to work on having faith that God can create miracles! As I was working on a post yesterday, Michael said that I should use this outlet to reach out to others with infertility/miscarriage/complicated pregancies ect. My friend Erin (blog Lavenderlilly) said that she found out someone had searched for "scripture for complicated pregnancies" and had found her blog, and she was touched that someone was searching for comfort in her blog. I have found such comfort in scripture when times seemed so challenging. My church offers a ministry called Shiloh (http://www.watermark.org/ministries/care/shiloh-infertility-miscarriage/) that caters to women who have had dealt with infertility/miscarriage. It gets its name from 1 Samuel and the story of Hannah (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=9&chapter=1&version=31). This ministry truly changed my life! In all of the challenges that have come our way, I always recite Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." What a comfort that the Lord already knows the plan for our future!

3 comments:

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy said...

What a lovely post! Raylee is a precious miracle!

penny lane designs said...

Glad to see you joined the blog world! It will be a great way for you to keep your family up to date from afar. So glad we got to meet Raylee- can't wait to see her again sometime soon!

Stephanie said...

Erika I came to your blog through Ashley's and just had to tell you how excited I am about your precious Raylee. I, too, have gone through some of what you experienced with the difficulties of fertility, and it is such a miracle when God finally creates that perfect little person. i hope you are enjoying Mommy-hood!