Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!

My first Mother's Day was wonderful! Michael planned a surprise day for me and it turned out perfect. He let me sleep in while he bathed and dressed Raylee. He then gave me a beautiful card that "Raylee made." Then we headed off to the Warwick Melrose Historic Hotel in Dallas. They had an amazing brunch, including every type of food you can imagine...so I started with breakfast and a mimosa, then continued with lunch, and dessert! They had live music and beautiful flowers. We had a wonderful brunch and definitely overindulged! We enjoyed the rest of the day by looking at houses (one of our favorite past times!), and then layed around the house and played with Raylee. I am so thrilled to be a mom, and I am absolutely in love with my daughter and my husband! Being a mother is one of the most difficult yet rewarding challenges I have ever faced. I worry everyday about the mistakes I will make, and pray that the Lord will protect her from those mistakes. However, I can't imagine my life without my little Raylee. She makes me smile even in the worst of moments. I feel so blessed to be in exactly my position, and I thank God for her health and the miracle of her life. Here are some pics that I took to document the day!





























3 comments:

nita07 said...

hello like your site i have a fun site as well telling of all the fun attractions that Las Vegas offer check out my site at http://lasvegasconcierge.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So sweet!! Congratulations on your first mother's day, but more importantly, for that sweet, beautiful, healthy blessing named Raylee!! We love her, and we love you! She is blessed that God chose your hands to guide her through life. And BTW, you look fabulous, mama!!

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful in those photos...and of course, so does raylee. like mother, like daughter!