Sunday, May 3, 2009

2 Months!

Last week was a busy week as we had Raylee's two month checkup and a visit from her great-grandparents! After her first immunizations, Raylee cried for about 3 hours straight! I cried right along with her... :( I feel so thankful to have a relatively happy baby, and I pray for those parents that have a colicky baby. We also got a great report from the urologist who checked on Raylee's kidneys last week! She is perfectly healthy! Praise God!


On Tuesday, Grandma and Grandpa arrived and even though it rained almost the whole time they were here, we still had a great time! We went to the Dallas Arboretum and had a picnic! We all really enjoyed it! In fact, Raylee and I even got a membership. We also got to go to Kaufman and have dinner with the in-laws, which was really nice. Pictures forthcoming...

My grandparents are THE hardest working people I know, so of course they found little projects around our house to work on. My grandmother put some finishing touches on the nursery, so here are some pics for her to see. Thanks grandma and grandpa for everything!











2 comments:

Unknown said...

reflux and colic was such a difficult thing to go through! God never gives you more than you can handle. But I know you can understand when I say that many times I doubted that!! Ultimately it strengthened our marriage, my faith, and brought me closer to Him, so in retrospect I can understand the purpose. It is never a fun thing to see your child in pain. And I hate to tell you this - but it never gets any easier! :( And how thankful our we for healthy children? There is no greater gift in this world!

On a lighter note, what a blessing to have such active and loving grandparents in your life! Your grandmother seems like such a loving person..I can see where holidays with them would be so special! Glad we got a chance to spend some time with all of you! Give Raylee kisses from her Aunt Ashy.

Emily said...

love the new banner photo. can't wait to meet miss raylee finally this weekend! :) see you in dallas!