Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jewelry Design!

So, I recently offered to help a friend find jewelry for her bridesmaids gift (and yes, I am a bridesmaid). My friend is in Med School and super busy...and I am not. Therefore, I thought it would be a great project. Well, the dress is beautiful! It is a Bari Jay dress that is a chocolate brown halter. Usually, brown is accessorized with gold, but the dress has a small silver and rhinestone brooch (doesn't sound great, but I love it). Finding jewelry that is silver and brown is tough. I spent a lot of time looking on the internet and at several stores. I had almost given up, when I discovered this wholesale bead and gemstone store at the Sam Moon Shopping Center. I found these beautiful stoney quartz gemstones, and decided to have the necklace and earring sets made. I think they turned out great! Here is a picture of my latest adventure (ok, not such a huge adventure, but when you have a three month old, everything new is an adventure).



2 comments:

Emily said...

excellent work!! they remind me of the earrings from your wedding - did the same girl do them?

Lavender Lily said...

i'm very impressed! add jewelry designer to your list of talents... =)