Thursday, January 7, 2010

A little preachin'

Today is my four year wedding anniversary! Yay! So in light, I thought I would preach just a little to whoever may be reading...

In my four years of marriage I figure I may just have picked up a few bits of wisdom and truth. Now, I am no expert, but I firmly believe that your philosophy on marriage is the second biggest determining factor in life (second only to who God is). The covenant I made with God and my husband is binding for life. When you really take the view that marriage is permanent, it changes the way you view the fights, the struggles, and the challenges. Knowing that this is my one shot at marriage encourages me to make it the best it can be. Marriage isn't always easy, in fact, it can be downright hard sometimes. The only way this marriage will work is if we first submit ourselves to Christ, and then to each other. I believe that everyday I must fight my selfish desires to put my husband first. I'm sure you have heard the old adage, "love is a verb." You must literally choose to love everyday...even when the feelings wane. Don't get me wrong, I love (with feeling) my husband so much...but even days when I don't feel love, I try to love (with action). My younger childhood was filled with love and Christ, but my adolescent years were also filled with divorce, infidelity, deception and heartache. I know that the best foundation I can shape for Raylee starts with a strong marriage between Michael and me. Thankfully, Michael believes that marriage is forever as well, and he serves as a great example of selflessness.


Here is a pic from four years ago!

No comments: