Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baby Dedication

This past Sunday we dedicated Raylee to our Lord and Savior. It was a beautiful ceremony! Our good friend, JP, led the service, which we had outside with our friends and family. Raylee wore a very special dress that her cousin, Grace (who only lived 7 weeks) was baptized in. My mom flew all the way from Missouri to participate in the ceremony. Thanks to all our friends and family who participated.

Throughout our struggles with miscarriage and infertility, I fervently prayed for a child. Then when we did get pregnant we had many ups and downs as Raylee was again and again diagnosed with multiple health issues. On Sunday, we praised God that he healed her in so many ways before she was even born, and we symbolically gave her back to the Lord. For she is merely on loan to us; she is always in the hands of God. I have included some of the scripture that spoke to me during this process.

In 1 Samuel 2 Hannah says to God “As surely as you live, my Lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the Lord. I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give this child to the Lord, for her whole life will be given over to the Lord.”

Proverbs 22:6 “Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it.”

Deuteronomy 6:5-7 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”

Here are some pictures from Sunday.























2 comments:

Lavender Lily said...

I'm so sad I missed this. But hopefully I will be there for all of the other special occasions in Raylee's life! I love that verse from Deuteronomy...

Jennifer K said...

Such a beautiful little girl! The 1 Samuel verse is one of my favorites. It really reminds us of the fact that our lives (and our children's) are really not our own!